Our proactive and reactive Public and Media Relations activities support and add value to our marketing plan – raising awareness of Thanet as a quality day trip and short break destination with outstanding attractions and experiences to delight a wide range of interests.
Our Tourism Photographic Library is a valuable source of high quality images supporting both local businesses and media coverage. The Image Library includes images of our beaches and bays, towns and villages, attractions, venues, businesses, landmarks and events.
The Tourism Team’s many PR activities include:
- Producing media briefings and press releases highlighting seasonal activities, new attractions, special events and ad hoc stories for local, regional and national consumer and tourism/travel trade media – print, broadcast and online. Find out more about the Shared Story
- Responding to media enquiries and providing further information, briefings and contact points
- Hosting requested media visits to Thanet including suggesting appropriate itineraries, booking visits and accommodation
- Working in partnership with Visit Kent, and other tourism organisations such as Tourism South East, VisitEngland and VisitBritain, to bring more national and international journalists to the district
- Liaising with local partners – including Thanet tourism, leisure and hospitality businesses – to help in hosting group and individual media visits according to specific interests
- Preparing bespoke press packs for events and media visits to include themed information, range of attractions available, admission passes, addresses, contact points and appropriate images
- Monitoring media coverage in house and through direct contact with media representatives
For further information about PR activities growing tourism for Thanet, contact Julie Edwards tel: 01843 577671 or email: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org